Do we have a Plan?
Almost, the general route is planned, hotel and hostel accommodation arranged. Actual adventure details no. But we do have the App and slowly building up your adventure.
- Date – 12th to 15th August 2021
- Location – Iceland
- Duration – 4 nights
- Transport – 4×4 here in Iceland or ship your 4×4 over, slightly more expensive
- Accommodation – 3 nights hotel, 1 nights in hostel or mountain cabin
- Adventure distance – 800 km
- Who is organising – Ian Sykes (Scottish Perthshire Hillrally), Tryggvi Thordarson (previously head of Iceland’s MSA called AKIS), and UK based people, (yet to be volunteered)
- How many – maximum of 35 vehicles.
- Where & What – well come on, you know that’s the challenge BUT, (you will see some of Iceland’s iconic sites, you will experience Europe’s largest dessert, step on a glacier, dip in a hot spring, see breath taking scenery, get wet at waterfalls and much more. You can also relax knowing we have the best search and rescue teams in Europe, just jesting, but we do. That along with 4G coverage across the country and you are safe in our hands.
- Cost – I have no idea (12 May 2020). Update rough cost based on use of a Discovery sport is £2000 per team of 2, you can have extra 2 in the vehicle at a small additional cost each.. Includes Accommodation, hut dinner, and 4×4 hire. (deduction for own vehicle)
- Sponsorship – aiming for 1000 per team. BUT funds must be raised in exchange for a service (cut the lawn, wash the car, fix the vehicle, etc) or for selling (garage sale, home produce, art, etc). I have never liked “can you give me some money” and with COVID 19 legacy, money could be hard to find.
- Coffee Table Glossy Book, – designed as unique memory. Hard backed, full colour, maps, text, photographs and space for your own photos. Two published for each team, others available at extra cost.
Organised in aid of Macmillan Cancer Support, registered charity in England and Wales (261017), Scotland (SC039907) and the Isle of Man (604). Also operating in Northern Ireland.